Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Whole World's Gone Crazy

It's been a sad few days.

Last week, there was a police chase in Phoenix. Two news helicopters were following the chase and they collided mid-air. Two on-air personalities from each station died instantly. That same day, a police officer was shot and killed in south Phoenix.

Last night, I got onto the internet to check on the status of a loan I have in process and saw that the Mississippi River Bridge in Minneapolis had collapsed into the river. I was riveted to the television all night. I did call my parents and they confirmed that my little brother and the rest of the family was safe, though. It's terrifying to think about though - that is a MAJOR bridge for the Twin Cities. If you've ever spent any time at ALL in Minnesota, you've gone over that bridge.

No comments: