Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Corn-y Goodness

I found a recipe yesterday for scalloped corn yesterday that I really wanted to try. So when I got home from work, I made some meatloaf, mashed potatoes and scalloped corn. I was going to take a picture, but I left work late and by the time everything was done cooking, we were too hungry to take pictures. I found the recipe here but made a few changes because, well, that's what I do.

I used 2 cups of frozen corn - half yellow and half white. I don't know why I did half and half, but that's what I wanted to do. I also did not pre-cook the corn since frozen corn basically just needs to defrost. I used Ritz crackers and I mixed some into the corn mixture, as well as sprinkling on top. They absorbed quite a bit of the liquid, though, and if I did that in the future, I would probably up the amount of milk. I also did not add the green pepper because Tim doesn't like it, but I did add garlic. In my opinion, all the best things in the world start out with sauteed onions and garlic - am I right? I had originally started to make just a half batch since it's just the two of us, but it didn't look like much and I'm glad I made the whole batch. I had leftovers for lunch today and they were just as delicious as last night. I may even make it for Thanksgiving this year. It will be just the two of us as usual, so there's always a ton of food.

1 comment:

Geggie said...

Yum, tasty. I may have to make that.