Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Good Egg

Tim and I had breakfast this morning with my friend Stephanie and her husband Jeff. We went somewhere close to their house, which is in the west valley. There isn't much as far as "foodie" places in the west valley so we let them pick. We met at The Good Egg on 83rd Ave & Union Hills. We had gone to The Good Egg in Scottsdale a couple of years ago but neither of us could remember what we'd had. The food was mediocre at best. It's a chain and nothing special. Tim had one of their skillets and I had a "traditional" breakfast - eggs, bacon, potatoes and an english muffin. Nothing special, but we were there more for the company.

Stephanie and I used to work together. The company we worked for isn't around anymore for a variety of reasons, and is actually in some legal trouble. There are a few lawsuits going around over some of the things that happened there, so there's always a lot to talk about.

I miss the people from that job - we were all friends and very close. We used to go to work in the morning and hug each other hello. We would look out for each other and take care of each other. A few of us still stay in touch, although not as much as we'd like. Whenever I get together with the people from that job, I just end up sad that we don't all work together anymore. So to all of you from that old job, I miss you guys!

No comments: