Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Chicken Mushroom Cashew Risotto for Dinner

It was great. The risotto was rich and wonderful. I only changed a couple of things in the recipe: I put a rind from the Reggiano into the chicken stock as it was heating up so infuse the flavor into it, and I put a few tiny cubes of the Parmesan into the risotto itself as it was cooking. Otherwise, I actually followed a recipe. The mushrooms added a great earthiness to the dish and the Parmesan and cashews added some saltiness. The risotto was rich and creamy, just as it should be. I've tried a few recipes for risotto, but I really think this is the best one I've tried.

You probably want to know where the picture is. I take terrible pictures of food. If you look on almost anyone else's blog, you can see they take great pictures. I take terrible ones. So you'll have to take my word for it - it looked great and smelled great.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed it!! The idea to put the rind in the chicken broth is a great one - I wish I would have done that. I even have a rind in the fridge....

Yankee1969 said...

It came out great. It had a really rich flavor, so I was surprised when Tara told me there was no cream in it. Definitely a keeper.