Monday, October 15, 2007

Menu Plan

I am going to try something I've been seeing on other blogs. A few people put up their plan for the week. This is something Tim and I try to do every Sunday before we do our weekly grocery shopping. Last night, we talked it over and here's what we came up with:

Monday: Hamburgers and oven fries (We picked up some "bacon burgers" from Midwestern Meats a couple weeks ago and defrosted them last night. Beef and bacon ground together and formed into a patty - what could possibly be wrong with that?!) I also may try my new truffle oil on the oven fries. Yum!
Tuesday: Chicken Mushroom & Cashew Risotto (from Taste & Tell)
Wednesday: Dinner at Pizzeria Bianco! (Woohoo! Best pizza in America, baby!)
Thursday: Hot dogs from VonHanson's and potato salad
Friday: Roasted chicken using Alton Brown's brine recipe

I'm hoping that by posting this, you'll all help me keep on track with our plan instead of going home, flopping on the couch and telling Tim, "I'm too tired, eat Ramen Noodles - I'm going to bed." I work about 14 hours a day, so that happens more often than I would like to admit. My poor man starves during the week! If you'd like to send donations to the "Feed Tim" fund, let me know. :)

4 comments:

Yankee1969 said...

Somehow I doubt mentioning that we are going to Bianco will help in the fund raising... :)

silverbear said...

Back in the 20th Century, one of the first Web pages I ever built was a page with a week's worth of menus for my fiance (now my wife). I'm the cook of the house and would often receive afternoon calls along the lines of "What's for dinner?" The online menu gave her the ability to check without our playing phone tag. Of course, these days with a baby in the house, my cooking is a lot more improvisational. I can seldom plan more than three days in advance.

On a separate subject, enjoy dinner at Bianco. I used to go semi-regularly when it wasn't such a madhouse and always loved the food.

Geggie said...

I like menu planning too, I generally don't plan it down to the day, but I know two-three days of ingredients that have the potential to "become" a meal. I actually keep a list of "potential" meals on the front of the fridge.

Tara said...

Well, here we are, day 2 and I'm already tired just thinking about having to make risotto tonight. I'm going to power through, though.

The burgers from Midwestern Meats were pretty good, although I still prefer plain hamburgers with bacon on top - more intense bacon flavor! The potatoes were good too. They needed a little something extra, though. I put olive oil, truffle oil, salt & pepper on them. Rosemary or some other herb probably would have been good.