Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Not a Bad Weekend at All....

Friday night we tried a Thai restaurant we hadn't been to yet. We kept meaning to try it, but we couldn't tear ourselves away from our favorite in Scottsdale. Seth reviewed it, though, and really seemed to like it, though, so we figured we couldn't go wrong. It's on McDowell and 1st Street and we forgot that it was First Friday downtown. However, we were able to find a parking place and the restaurant wasn't terribly packed. I'll let you read about the rest of the experience on Tim's site. It wasn't a good one, though. Saturday night we had dinner at Capital Grille. One of my bosses needed some help a few weeks ago - ride to the car dealership, ride to the airport, etc. and to thank me, we got a $100 gift certificate from Capital Grille. Wow. What an experience! I know it's a chain and as "foodies", we're supposed to hate all chains, but this was great. There are chains that know how to do it and this was one of them. It was a very classy place and we'd go back again. Tim posted a review of it, as well. (I love that he does all the typing and all I have to do it cut and paste the link!)

Sunday we chilled at home like we usually do. Tim made us pancakes and bacon and we were so full after breakfast, we crawled back into bed and took a nice, long nap.

In all, a good weekend. Yesterday, though, was back to reality. The mortgage business is hard right now. Everyone in my office is pretty down and it's beginning to wear on everyone. Morale is practically non-existent. I've heard a lot of guesses on when things will start to get better, but no one knows for sure, obviously. It's tough to keep a positive attitude in times like these in this industry.

2 comments:

Geggie said...

I went to CG about 5 years ago for the first time in Charlotte, NC. I think they're acutally based in NC. Very nice. Glad you enjoyed it and not bad for $17!

Geggie said...

SO? What did you do this weekend?