Monday, November 12, 2007

Catching Up

I've been a bad, bad blogger. Was it that I've had nothing to say for the past week, or just that I've been lazy? Well, it's a combination of the two. I haven't been feeling well for about a month, and it's really wearing on me.


We haven't done much, but I did take a few pictures of some of our meals. The first is the balsamic chicken. The picture didn't turn out very well, but it was terrific. This was Giada's recipe for balsamic drummettes, but we used boneless, skinless chicken breasts because that was what we had in the fridge. It turned out great, just like last time. It seemed to take a long time to thicken the sauce. I was starving when I got home from work, so I just put some of the sauce on there before it was really thick. We served it with some jasmine rice and steamed broccoli. Great dinner.

I thought this was also a good time to introduce you to Mickey.





Mickey has been with me for about 30 years. He's a plastic dinner plate that I've had for as long as I can remember. When I was very, very young, I didn't eat a lot. (Boy, how times change!) Anyway, it was a struggle for my parents to get me to eat more than a few bites of food every meal, so I got Mickey. It became a challenge to "uncover" Mickey. Mickey was probably made long before dishwashers, but he still goes in. He gets used many, many times during the week. He's my favorite plate, and one of the very few things that will never be "downsized" in all of my moves from house to house or state to state.


Another night, we had a really yummy salad. This was made from romaine hearts, mushrooms, red peppers, and corn. I don't even remember what we had it with, but it was so pretty, I had to take a picture of it.



1 comment:

Geggie said...

I think I need to make that balsamic chix. Thanks for sharing!