Monday, November 5, 2007

Menu Plan

I am a little later than usual getting this up today. I ended up with a screaming headache last night after dinner. The kind where it hurts to blink or breathe and you see shooting stars.





Dinner last night was beef stroganoff and it was pretty good. I used this recipe from The Home Cook/Rachael Ray. It turned out great. The only thing I would change next time is to use a little more flour so it thickens up a little more, and add more sour cream. The sour cream flavor wasn't as pronounced as I would have liked it to be. The tablespoon of paprika made it really orange, too, I may only use a teaspoon of it next time. I didn't take a picture of it last night, but I did take a picture of my leftovers today at work. Apparently I take better pictures of food on my camera phone under fluorescent lighting. I really need to learn how to use my camera one of these days. Tim got it for me about a year ago as a birthday present (or something), and I still haven't taught myself how to use it. Some days I miss the old days - insert film, push button. Although, it would make it tough to attach the photo to this post, so you take the good with the bad.

So, without further ado, here is this week's plan:

Monday: Hunt & Gather. This is code for "I'm tired and not feeling well, so whatever you can find that's edible is what you're having. I'm going to bed."


Tuesday: Balsamic chicken - we're giving Giada's recipe another try, just tweaking the oven temperature and cook time, rice, broccoli

Wednesday: Marinated chicken breasts, yet-to-be-named side dishes. Not sure yet. This is a recipe Tim brought to the relationship. You get a bottle of Ken's light caesar dressing and marinate the chicken breasts in it overnight. It comes out juicy and delicious. We've baked them, grilled them, and sauteed them. No matter how you do it, they're great.


Thursday: Ribeye for me, bratwurst for Tim, McAllister Potatoes. Saw this recipe on Guy's Big Bite this weekend and immediately fell in love. My favorite things, all rolled into one - potatoes, bacon, onions, parmesan! I won't be adding the spicy peppers to the sour cream, though. My poor ulcers are crying in protest just thinking about it!


Friday: Eating Out
In other news, I got some awesome news last night. L and M called after reading my last entry and said they had decided to come home for Thanksgiving Day, just for me! Well, for me and L's family, but I like to think it's just for me! Apparently I guilted them into it. :) I'm excited they're coming, and can't wait to cook Thanksgiving dinner now!

No comments: