Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thanksgiving

It doesn't really matter what the menu is for the beginning of the week, does it? It only matters what we're eating Thursday, and I think we can all agree.

Tim and I spent eight hours grocery shopping yesterday. We went to about 6 different stores to get various things and then finished up the shopping tonight.

There will be four of us for Thanksgiving - myself and Tim and our very good friends, L and M. L and M will be eating another dinner earlier in the day, but they've promised they will come hungry.

So, here's what's on the menu:

Mulled apple cider
Meat/Cheese/Veggie/Cracker "tray" (It's a secret - I'll post a picture when it's done)
Turkey (Alton Brown's brined turkey recipe)
Cornbread Stuffing*
Mashed Potatoes
Buttnernut Squash
Sweet Potatoes
Sauteed Corn with Onions, Zucchini, Squash, and Bell Peppers
Bread
Gravy

For dessert, we have apple crisp and pumpkin pie. The only things that won't be homemade will be the bread and the pumpkin pie crust. The rest will be made by Tim and myself. Tim is 100% in charge of the turkey. I've made or assisted a couple of other turkeys and they never turn out as good as when just Tim does it.

*Is it still called stuffing if you're not actually putting it in the bird? Is that when it's called dressing instead? I really have no idea, but we always called it stuffing when I was growing up, so that's what I call it.

No comments: