Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas in Maine, Part 1

We just flew in from Phoenix and boy are our arms... Okay, sorry....never mind. :)

I am a night owl, so on the weekends, I like to stay up late and sleep very late. This weekend, however, is a bit different. This morning, we were up and out of bed at 4:00 am. The middle of the night for a Saturday for us. Our plane took off at 7:40 am this morning, which meant we got to the airport at 5:30. Surprisingly, it wasn't all that busy. I know it was early in the morning, but I was expecting a lot bigger crowd, given the fact that it's a holiday weekend.

Neither Tim nor I are small people, but we're not gigantic either. Imagine our surprise when we sat down in the seats and were practically sitting on top of each other. We were contorting ourselves into pretzels for four and a half hours from Phoenix to Newark. When we landed in Newark, we had about 30 minutes to get from gate C121 to gate A23. Look up the Newark Airport sometime and check out where that is. Fortunately, there was a shuttle and it took us almost right to our gate.

We got on the plane bound for Boston and once we took off, the flight attendants passed out the peanuts and drinks. Well, silly me. I took a bag of peanuts. And I broke my temporary crown into about three pieces. Oops. Eating peanuts wasn't necessarily a great idea.

We got to Boston around 4:30 local time and headed to the Alamo counter for our rental car. After checking into our hotel, we did a little research on Chowhound and found a Thai place to go to. Tim almost got us lost getting there, but I digress. :) While enjoying my pan fried noodles at Montien, I broke the rest of my temporary crown into another four pieces. Sigh. I always manage to do this on the weekend, and this weekend is even worse! Tim is probably going to review the restaurant, so I won't get into that.

It hurts a little, but not too awful. It certainly doesn't hurt as bad as it did before the root canal, so that's good. I'm a little afraid to eat just about everything, though. I'm such a dork...

2 comments:

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie said...

Okay, you know what's funny? When you talked about eating peanuts and breaking your temporary crown, I was thinking, "Is this an expression for something? Like a princess thing? Crown? Eh?"

It wasn't until I got to the end of your blog that I remembered you had gotten the root canal...I feel like such a dork! The product of not enough sleep I guess...hehehe