Saturday, December 15, 2007

Priceless

It all started a couple of weeks ago when I received a very curious phone call. The woman who had sold me my car two years ago after I destroyed my Nissan Sentra called to find out if I was interested in looking at another car. Great customer service, by the way. In the mortgage business, too, it's all about following up with your past clients and working your database. I told her thanks for calling, but I was going to wait a while before really looking at cars. Then last week I read Geggie's blog and found out she bought a new 2008 Toyota Camry in Blue Ribbon Metallic. I looked at the picture on her site and thought to myself, "ooh, pretty blue." That started a chain of events that culminated in one of the more interesting weekends we've had in ages.

Thursday night after dinner, I was surfing the internet a bit and looked a little on the Toyota website to see if they had any deals going on. After I went to bed, Tim did a little looking on Costco's auto-buying program site and on Friday talked to someone about the whole process. Before I left work on Friday, I called Jenny at Right Toyota to see if she was working. If she was a good enough sales person to call me, I wanted to give her a chance. I told her we'd be in around 8:00 - once we'd had a chance to grab some dinner.

After a quick dinner at Osha Thai, we headed over. I told her I was interested in the 2008 Camrys and that I really liked the blue. We test drove it and liked it, so we looked at some numbers. After some considerable crunching and haggling, I am now the proud owner of a 2008 Toyota Camry LE in Blue Ribbon Metallic, too! My payments have gone up, but the way we've structured the lease, hopefully I won't be carrying around any negative equity leftover from the Nissan From Hell.

We were the last customers of the night for the dealership, which is probably also why we got a good deal on the car. We pulled into our subdivision last night and all of a sudden, a light bulb went off in both of our heads. The garage door opener. In the old car. At the dealership that just closed for the night. The house keys on Tim's desk. Inside the locked house. (When L and M were here for Thanksgiving, we gave them our house keys and they never made it back onto my key chain).

The house that we're renting is owned by a former cop who has taken every step possible to make sure the house is secure. It was locked up tighter than a drum. We sat in the new car in our driveway for a few minutes, laughing our heads off. "Well, the seats recline and we have a full tank of gas!" "Should we break a window?" "The house across the driveway is for rent and might be on lockbox - we could break in" "There's a couch in my office" These are just some of the suggestions that were thrown out as we were sitting outside our house. Tim had his laptop with him because he's secondary on-call this week. He pulled it out of the bag and hacked into our own wireless signal. We ended up booking a room at the Comfort Inn about two miles from our house. While there are people we could call for a place to stay, we didn't feel comfortable doing it at 11:30 pm. We spent an incredibly uncomfortable night at the Comfort Inn and were awake at 7:30 so we could get to the dealership right when it opened. Jenny had taken the keys to my old car home with her and started work at 9:00, so we went for breakfast and went back. We got home at about 10 this morning and spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon catching up on sleep.

2008 Toyota Camry: $well, enough
1 Night at the Comfort Inn: $71.17
Trip to Walmart for toothbrushes, toothpaste, contact solution, etc.: $14.79
Look on our faces when we realize we're sitting in our driveway and can't get into the house? Priceless...

2 comments:

Yankee1969 said...

We weren't quite sure where the Comfort Inn was, but knew it was near Bell and 17th Ave. On our way to the hotel, we made a list of what we needed at Wal-Mart. As we were doing that, another dim light bulb went off. The Comfort Inn literally shared the parking lot with the Wal-Mart. Oh, THAT Comfort Inn. Yeah, it was a LONG day. It took two trips to Wal-Mart. We got into our room and that's when I realized I also needed contact solution and a case to put my lenses in.
But Tara loves the car and I can actually get comfortable when I drive it. I guess the horrible hotel was worth that. Kinda.

Geggie said...

Ha! Congrats! Don't you love the car? I'm just so happy with my Toyotas, this is my 4th one!

At least I had my keys!