Friday, January 11, 2008

"Big Trouble, Young Lady"

Even at the ripe old age of 33, those words still scare me to my very soul. It usually meant my dad was upset about something. He rarely gets upset about anything (easygoing guy), but when he does, watch out.

Well, I moved out of my dad's house 15 years ago, but I recently had the opportunity to hear those terrifying words once again. It seems my doctor isn't a fan of continuing to work 10-hour days when you have "severe pneumonia". Go figure.

I went to urgent care a week ago today and was told I had pneumonia. I made a follow-up appointment with my regular doctor for Wednesday. He wasn't thrilled with me and ordered me to my bed.

Normally, I would say "oh thank you - I need a good rest!", but when you're sick, you never really seem to rest like you should. Oh, and boredom? Hello....I'm bored stiff. This is brutal.

So if you've called me in the past few days and I haven't answered, it's because I'm on some really strong drugs that knock me out and I can barely stay conscious long enough to have a conversation.

Bitch, moan, bitch, moan. Okay, I'm done feeling sorry for myself...

1 comment:

Yankee1969 said...

Speaking of not answering her phone... Two night ago she'd fallen asleep while we were watching Letterman. At one point, she started tapping my arm and said "hang up, we need to hang up. hang up..." before drifting back into full dreamland. Then after I'd turned off the tv, she mumbled "I'm still not getting any signal..." Not sure what she was dreaming about and she doesn't remember doing it. I just wish I'd been able to record it.