Saturday, January 19, 2008

YUM!


I have over 90 blogs in my Google Reader and only about 5 of them are not food/recipe-related. I kept reading about Tyler Florence's smothered pork chops and everyone is in LOVE with them. I tried making them a while ago, but the pan was too hot and I burned them and they turned out horrible. I made them tonight, along with some mashed potatoes and roasted broccoli. It was terrific. I thought it would be a complicated dinner, but it came together very easily and quickly. This will definitely be going in the regular rotation. I couldn't really tell if Tim liked it or not. He gave it a thumbs-up, but not as enthusiastic as me.

The roasted broccoli was a new preparation for us. I usually steam it, which is good, but roasted was even better, in my opinion. I tossed the broccoli florets with olive oil, chopped garlic, salt and pepper until every single one was completely coated. I put it on a baking sheet in a 425 degree oven for 12 minutes. As soon as it came out, I put it into a bowl and tossed it with some Parmesan cheese. I loved it.

The whole dinner was a success for me. It was nice to cook again after being sick for so long and not having the energy to stand up for longer than 5 minutes at a time.

No comments: