Sunday, February 24, 2008

In a Rut

I haven't posted in a while, so I figured it was time. I've been in a bit of a rut lately. I haven't been cooking much or doing much else other than working. This promotion has been great, but while I've been taking on additional responsibilities and learning more, I still have all of the old responsibilities, so I've been working a lot. I come home from work every night with a mushy brain because I've been working so hard at learning the new job and I'm exhausted from handling the old job. I'm hoping that will change at some point, but there's really no one to do the old job.

We had a fun weekend. Friday night we went to dinner at Humble Pie in Scottsdale. Tim did a review. He really loved it. As for me, I thought it was pretty good, but it was pizza. I'm not a huge fan of pizza, so it could have been the best pizza in the world and it still would have been lost on me.

When we got home from dinner Friday night, we watched a Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on the Food Network. One of the places Guy went was a barbecue place and that made us crave barbecue. Saturday morning we headed to Joe's in Gilbert. YUM! After lunch, Tim suggested going for a drive. He suggested Saguaro Lake, which I have to admit I've never heard of. It's north of Mesa and it was really pretty. Here are some of the pictures we took. We hadn't really planned on going so we didn't have a regular camera with us, so Tim took these with his Blackberry. They aren't the best quality, but you get the idea. We had a great time.















No comments: