Friday, February 1, 2008

Super Bowl, Super Traffic

This is a big weekend for Phoenix. We are hosting the Super Bowl in Glendale and the FBR Open in Scottsdale. Luckily, Tim and I live in the middle. I have a friend who lives about two miles (literally) from the stadium where the Super Bowl is. She doesn't even want to leave her house. I told her to let people park in her yard for $100 a pop.

Anyway, getting back to the subject. I work across the street from the hotel where the New England Patriots are staying. Traffic has been awful the past week. AWFUL. I live 10.5 miles from work and I never have to get on a freeway, but it takes me an hour to get home. It's rather annoying to have to sit in my car for an hour to go to work, where I don't even want to be, anyway.

Here are some rules of the road I feel everyone should know, but apparently they don't:
  1. Just because you drive a big black lifted truck doesn't mean you always have the right of way.
  2. The "suicide lane" is not a passing lane.
  3. Neither is a turning lane.
  4. When you see a sign that a lane is ending, just get over - don't go flying past everyone and then try to squeeze yourself in-between two cars that are four inches apart.
  5. And back off, for God's sake. If I look in my rear-view mirror and can't even see your headlights, you're too f-ing close!
  6. Honking in a traffic jam is a waste of energy. It's not like everyone was just sitting there waiting for you to tell them when to go.
  7. If you drive a Prius and you're doing 50 mph on the freeway, get out of the HOV lane. You're just pissing people off.

Anything else?

No comments: