Saturday, March 1, 2008

More Random Stuff

Tim and I seem to be on opposite schedules right now. He works from home, so he rarely leaves the house all week. By the time the weekend comes around, he's ready to get out of the house and do stuff, go places. I, on the other hand, have been working insane hours lately and expending big time brain energy trying to learn my "new" job. By the time the weekend rolls around, I'm ready to hibernate. This morning (okay, afternoon) after breakfast, I was ready for a nap, but instead, I was dragged to the bookstore, the grocery store, Sam's Club, and other places. I have already warned him that tomorrow I'm staying home all day. I may bake some bread. Seems like a strange thing to do since I HATE baking, but we'll see how it goes.

Tim's sister had her third baby boy last week. I feel like an aunt, although technically, I'm not. He's a BIG baby - 10 lbs, 14 oz. Yowza. Every girl who just read that just crossed her legs - I can tell. Anyway, his name is Jacob and he's just as cute as can be. I'm dying to get back out to Maine so we can meet him!

My friends S and J just had a baby girl, too! She was a tiny little thing at just over 5 lbs. and she's absolutely gorgeous, just like her mom! I haven't met her yet either, but am dying to get my hands on her!

Oh, and thank GOD, I don't have any babies! I love them, I just don't want any living with me!

It's hard to believe my littlest brother graduates from high school this spring. He was born when I was a freshman in high school. I never thought he'd grow up! My 15-year class reunion is also this year. Yowza again. Every day when I get out of bed and my knees crack or my back is sore, I'm reminded how I'm not as young as I used to be.

I think I'm officially an Arizonan. Tim and I went out for Chinese food tonight and it was about 72 degrees outside and I was in jeans and shivering. I turned the heat on in his car! I'm such a wimp!

I haven't cooked at all recently. I literally work 12-14 hours a day and when I get home, it's all I can do to drag my sorry butt to the couch, much less prepare a meal. This morning I made scrambled eggs and bacon (okay, Tim made the bacon - I admit it) and I think it just wore me out. I'm just not at all interested right now, which is very strange for me.

I think that's all for now. Exciting stuff, huh?

1 comment:

Geggie said...

Oh god, I totally feel your pain. I travel all week and patrick is home all week, he wants to party and I'm pooped.