Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Perfect Timing

I had a really bad day yesterday. Really bad. It started carrying over into today and then I opened up my Google Reader this morning and came across this post, written by my cousin Carrie. I think she's my cousin. Although I may be wrong. I believe my stepmom and her mom (or her dad?) are cousins, so I'm not sure what that would make us. In my defense, my grandmother is the oldest of 13 children and they all had like 100 kids, who all had 100 kids, who are in the process of having 100 kids. At any rate, Carrie has a beautiful family and I love being able to stay updated on her life even though we only see each other once every five years at family reunions. HUGE reunions, by the way - we need a conference center to get everyone together.

This post was just what I needed to see today. I was so focused on the things that were going wrong and the things I wish I could change, that I forgot to be grateful for what I do have. Thanks for the perspective, Carrie!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Aww! I'm glad my post helped. Hope your weekend was better!