Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"Your Mojo May Be Back"

That's what Tim said to me last night. I made pulled pork sandwiches and sweet potato fries. I don't want to talk about the fries. I love them crispy, but there are so many different opinions about how to make them crispy. I chose the wrong method and they were soggy. Tasted great, but mushy. Bleh.


The pork was the real star of the night. I've seen this recipe for Root Beer BBQ Pork ALL over the place. Like, here, here, here, here, and here. And those are just a few of them... As you can see, people are CRAZY about this pork!


Sunday night on our usual shopping trip, I told Tim I wanted to try it and we picked up a 2-pound pork loin roast and a 2-liter bottle of the cheapest root beer we could find.


So here's the "recipe":


Pork roast - any size you need to feed your family (2 lbs. was perfect for us - we each had leftovers for lunch today, and we'll have some left tonight too)

Root beer


Put the pork in your crockpot and pour in enough root beer to cover. Put it on low for 6-8 hours. Drain the root beer off and mix in bbq sauce. We used Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Barbecue Sauce. Use as much as you like. Use two forks to shred, and serve. It's that easy. I think it's the best pulled pork I've ever made. I've always cooked the pork in water, but this was absolutely amazing!


Here's a picture I took of my sandwich at work today. Please excuse the bad photo - I take bad pictures anyway, but this was with my phone, which doesn't help.


2 comments:

Yankee1969 said...

We used the cheap root beer from Wal-Mart, a whopping $.67 for a two-liter bottle. It was surprisingly good, with a nice licorice flavor that added a nice taste to the pork and provided a nice balance to the sweetness of the BBQ sauce.

Cheffie-Mom said...

Wow!!! Looks so good. Yummy!!! :) Root beer huh?! Love your posts. Sorry I have not been blogging lately! I have been taping shows. What was I thinking?? Hah! Maybe it is a good thing I wasn't thinking! If you get a minute, check it out. I'd love to hear what you think. I am inviting all my blog friends over for feedback. http://www.dishingwithdebbie.com/on-the-show-temp.php Your stories are great and my whole idea behind this show is for other moms to share real stories like you do. Sponsors are donating neat prizes like chocolate baskets and mini-chef aprons and way cool cookery stuff. Anyway, I'd love to hear from you.