Friday, May 23, 2008

I Blame Al Gore

This is so bizarre. This is the end of May in Phoenix. It should be around 100 degrees, if not 110. Today, it was under 70 degrees and it rained pretty much all day. I'm now sitting at home and it's hailing and thundering like crazy. Rain all day, hail, thunder, high wind - I almost feel like I'm back in Minnesota! So bizarre.

Tonight Tim and I are going out for a nice dinner to celebrate my firing. I figure we're about to end up in the poor house and we may as well go down in flames. We're not sure where we're going yet, but I'll write something about it.

Can I just say that this really sucks? Getting fired sucks. I didn't even do anything wrong. There were no performance problems. I know everyone says that, but it's true. Sigh. I'm SO getting out of the mortgage business for a while.

2 comments:

Geggie said...

Hot enough for you now?

Man, I'm so sorry. File for unemployment and start lookin' sister. Something that is just perfect is out there for you!

Keep your chin up!

Glenna said...

Tara--First-weather--I hear you. We're sitting in Vegas under cloudy skies and bouts of rain. We've been here a couple dozen times and it's never rained. BUT we've never been here on Memorial Day weekend and it seems like every Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend it rains all over the country, like God's personal little practical joke.

Second--I am SO SORRY about your job. That so sucks a big one! And I do believe you. It happened to me too. Like you, I kept saying "but I didn't do anything wrong!" and I didn't but it feels really weird when you're a responsible adult who would never do anything to get fired. Unlike people I have known who would say things like "Well just because I didn't call in for three days straight I don't know why those a-holes fired me. When I went back I told them I had a cold."

Here's the upside to getting fired. At some point, like when you go on to another job and you think that sucks or you're afraid if you step one toe across the line that something "bad" will happen, you'll suddenly say to yourself "What are they going to do? Fire me? That's already happened and I survived." You'll find a curious sort of freedom, not to do your job badly, but to be free from that constant worry if you smile wrong at your boss you might get fired.

It happens.

Good luck finding someting new and better--I know you will and can't wait to hear all about it!