Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bored Freakin' Silly

I've learned a lot since I've been unemployed.

First, there is a television station called "Identification Discovery" - ID. They do reenactments of big FBI cases in the past few decades and it's pretty interesting.

Second, there are about 200 episodes of Law & Order on every single day on various stations. Seriously. You don't even have to look that hard to find them. They're just right there. This is a show I never got into but now that I'm home all day and desperate for something to do, they're pretty interesting.

Third, waiting for the phone to ring about a job isn't unlike waiting for the phone to ring after a first date. Of course, it's been almost four years since I've had to worry about it, but still. I remember all too well. Wait.....if you don't put out on the first date, they might call? Is that true? Wow. Who knew? :)

"Bored freakin' silly" is the phrase Tim used last night. He's right. Right as we were crawling into bed, I got very restless and started throwing a temper tantrum because I'm just bored freakin' silly! I've been corresponding with the temp agencies I'm signed up with to see if there is anything - even a one or two day assignment for $8 an hour. Anything. We need money and we need to get me out of the house before I implode! Everyone says the same thing - everyone else is in the same boat and they'll contact me if something comes up. You don't have to be a genius to figure out that with this economy, it's not a great time to be looking for gainful employment. At this point, it doesn't even have to be that gainful, just employment would be nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you and I feel your pain !! Mom