Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Break in the Boredom

When you're working 10-12 hours a day, having a few days to spend at home doing nothing sounds like heaven. In theory. In reality, it kind of sucks. I am so BORED! I've been sending out resumes like crazy and have interviewed with one temp agency and will be interviewing with another tomorrow. I'm hoping something comes up soon. Both for the sake of our finances and my mental health! Apparently I need to work, otherwise I feel like a big loser sitting around all day. Go figure.

Poor Tim, who works from home, doesn't know what to do with me! He's used to being home alone all day. I'm usually gone 10-14 hours a day and he gets a nice break. I try not to bother him when he's working, but sometimes I just need to hear a voice that isn't on the television.

Saturday, there was a break in the monotony. Months ago, my co-worker (now ex-co-worker) D and I decided to go to the Kenny Chesney concert, which we also went to last yeqr. What we didn't know at the time was that it was going to be a huge all-day thing. It was to start with Gary Allan, LeAnn Rimes, Sammy Hagar, and Kenny Chesney. An 8-hour concert, beginning at 3:30 in the afternoon and ending at 11:30 or so. Wait...Sammy Hagar? Huh? Who invited him? Which one of these is not like the others?

The concert was at the new University of Phoenix Stadium, where we hosted the Super Bowl a few months ago. We had pretty good seats and the concert was great. On Friday, I heard on the radio that LeAnn Rimes wasn't going to be performing because of some vocal issues. Bummer - I was looking forward to seeing her. Gary Allan was great and so were Keith and Kenny. I was in line for the bathroom the entire time Sammy Hagar was playing, but all I heard was screaming. Not exactly my kind of music. Once again, it was just plain weird that he was there.

All in all, a great day. I was kind of depressed and didn't want to go, but I'm so glad I did. It was a blast. My friend took some pictures and when she sends them to me, I'll post them. Kenny is so hot!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I agree - a day or two of no work is okay (get errands done, cleaning, etc.) but after that it gets pretty annoying!

Good luck on the job search! I'm sure you'll find something soon.