Friday, June 6, 2008

It's Good to Have Friends

Hi, I'm bored, how are you? My God, this whole "being out of work" thing really sucks. That's not even including the "how are we going to pay the bills?" panic!

I am now signed up with three temp agencies and I've been submitted for one direct hire position through one of them, so hopefully something will come up soon, even if it's just temporary. I also have an assignment for this weekend - just two days - for a foreclosure auction. Since I have a bit of mortgage/real estate/escrow experience, they've given me that job. It's this weekend at the civic center and I have no idea what I'll be doing yet. The auction itself starts at 10:00, but I have to be there at 8:00 for training. It doesn't pay much, but it may give me a chance to network with some people in the industry, and that's always a good thing.

I was thinking today how lucky I am to have my friends. All of them have been really supportive and encouraging during this time. My friend S told me about a position in her company and turned in my resume, my friend A did the same, and my friend T called me this morning and said he's good friends with the owner of about 17 car dealerships and he can probably get me in the accounting department. Then there's L, she lives in California, so probably can't help me much in the job area, but she sent me an email and said "those assholes never deserved or appreciated you anyway." That was exactly what I needed to hear. My friend D took me to the Keith Urban/Kenny Chesney concert and she's been so nice about listening to me whine and cry for hours. It's been so nice to have them all. So, even though I'm a terrible friend, it's lovely to know that my friends aren't.

No comments: