Sunday, June 29, 2008

Looky What I Got!



I got me some Bacon Salt! I believe I first read about this on one of my favorite blogs, Bacon Unwrapped. I went and checked out the website, but there weren't any stores in Arizona that sold it. You could order it online, but I just never got around to it. One of our friends emailed Tim yesterday because he had just heard about it and went to their website and discovered that one of the "boutique" grocery stores in Phoenix carries it.

Naturally, one of the first places we headed yesterday was AJ's. We love AJ's. It's not as nice as Central Market in Texas (I've never been there, but Tim reminds me constantly that everything is better in Texas), but it's really nice. It's a great place for foodies to wander around and find some treats.

They only carried the "original" flavor of Bacon Salt, but that's okay with me. As soon as we got to the car with the treasure, I ripped it open and put a little on my fingertip and tasted it. It tastes a lot like the stuff that's on barbecue potato chips. Yum! I love that stuff! I totally forgot about it this morning, though, and it would have tasted great on my breakfast! I can't wait to give it a try!

2 comments:

Yankee1969 said...

We found it at the AJ's at Central and Camelback. The one closest to us, 7th St and Thunderbird, didn't carry it.

Thanks to AZHotdish for giving us the heads-up to check for retail locations. I did email him immediately we found it (literally, we were still in front of the salts display) to let him know we'd found some.

Glenna said...

Oh I love this! What could be better than bacon and salt? Yum!