Wednesday, June 11, 2008

More Crazy Dreams

I tend to have strange dreams. Maybe it's the stress - I don't know. Anyway, over the past two nights, I've had some real doozies.

Dream #1: I am completely covered in bubbles. For some reason, I'm lying in bed and I'm completely covered in bubbles and I know that if I don't keep popping the bubbles and getting them off me, they're going to suffocate me. Tim said he can't remember if I was tossing and turning a lot, but I know at one point, I woke up with both my feet waving in the air. Weird.

Dream #2: I am at my parent's house and my sister's arms are completely covered in these blisters that are really itchy. Neither of my parents are home so I take her to the emergency room. We're sitting in this HUGE hospital on the second floor and I run into all of these people from my past - high school, college, Arizona. I'm having a great time catching up with everyone, but my sister is bored so she goes down to the first floor where the pediatric section is so she can play with the kids. I'm worried about whatever is on her arms being contagious, though, so I try to convince her to come back upstairs, but she refuses. (She is a stubborn girl, so that's not surprising). Anyway, we end up getting in a big fight and I walked out of the hospital and told her she has to find her own way home. So I go out to the parking lot and realize I can't find my car. I'm walking all around this huge parking lot clicking my thing and I'm unlocking all sorts of cars, but I can't find mine. Then I realize I've walked all the way to my dad's place of work and I wander around looking for my dad. Someone tells me to go through this door and down the hall and I do that, but I end up outside. My dad is out there and he's PISSED that I left my sister at the hospital.

Dream #3: For some reason, I really want to take a shower. I'm just dying to take a shower, and for some reason, it's very, very urgent that I take a shower right this minute. I somehow end up in this hotel room that's nicer than my house. I realize that the shower is in the middle of the living room and it's encased in glass. I feel too self-conscious to take a shower in the living room even though no one is in the hotel room with me, so I go into the private laundry room and crawl into the washing machine.

And then there's my recurring dream. I'm in school and I can't find my books for the class I have to go to, or I can't remember which class I'm supposed to be in, or I can't find my locker, or I can't remember my combination for my locker, or I didn't study for my test. I have some version of this dream at least twice a week.

Does anyone else have weird dreams, or is it just me?

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I also have the strangest dreams! Ditto the ones where you're in school/college and can't find something/someone. I have those all the time.

My dreams got 100% weirder whenever I was pregnant too. So look out for that someday!