Sunday, July 6, 2008

How Was Your Long Weekend?

We had a great 4th of July weekend. Because of the whole getting fired thing, I actually had a 6-day weekend. I haven't worked in almost a week.

Thursday we were awakened quite early in the morning by someone calling Tim about work. He got up early and was able to sign off early. Around 3:00, we decided to head to the 4:45 showing of Wall-E. We got to the theater, bought our popcorn and licorice and settled in. The movie was very good. I didn't LOVE it like I loved Monsters Inc. and The Incredibles and the humor was just a little different. Very good, though. There were parts that were freaking hilarious and parts where even Tim started to get tears in his eyes. I won't give anything away for people who haven't seen it, but I definitely say go see it - it's great.

After that, we decided to have dinner at our very favorite Thai restaurant - Osha. We love that place and if finances allowed, we'd eat there every week. It's a cute little family-owned place with mom and dad in the kitchen and daughters and aunt in the front. If it's been a long time since we've been there, they always harass us and ask us where the hell we've been. They know our usual orders too.

Friday was pretty low-key, but we did decide to head to Tempe to check out the fireworks at Tempe Town Lake. We wanted to avoid the festivities (drunken crowds) at the actual celebration, so we parked at a shopping mall just east of it and watched the fireworks from there. They were pretty good. They set them to music and it was obviously impossible to hear the music, but it was fun.

Yesterday, we headed to Wicked Bakery, a cute little bakery a couple miles from us. We got some treats and decided it's our new favorite place. We then headed to Gilbert to have late lunch/early dinner at Joe's Farm Grill, which was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Drives recently. We had been there once before it was on TV and really liked it, but it's a 50-mile drive and we hadn't been down there since. Well, there was one time right after the show aired that we drove down there, but the line to get in stretched forever and we went somewhere else. Yesterday, though, it was nice and quiet and we had a great meal. After eating, we did some shopping and came home and watched Juno. We received it from Netflix a LONG time ago, but never got around to watching it. I loved it. Definitely see it, if you haven't already.

I was supposed to start another temp job tomorrow, but I don't know yet if that's still on. The lady at the temp agency was supposed to call me Thursday to let me know if it was still a go, and I haven't heard from her. So I figure I'll get up and get ready to go to work tomorrow morning and just try to call her when she gets in the office.

I had a second interview for my friend's company on Wednesday of last week. It went pretty well, but it sounds like it's going to be at least a week or two before they make any decisions. I really want this job. From the sounds of it, it would be perfect for me. And "perfect for me" sounds like a nice change of pace from my old jobs.

What did you do this weekend? Hope it was fun!

No comments: