Sunday, September 28, 2008

In Case You Were Wondering.......



I'm still alive. Apparently, I've been incognito for almost a month. Time flies when you work 60 hours a week. Tim got a comment on his blog asking if I was alive. So here I am, not chopped into pieces and buried in the desert or trapped under something heavy. I'm just busy. I feel like the woman in the picture above, but her desk is a bit neater than mine.

I worked 59 hours this week and 53 hours last week, so the little bit of time I have away from the office is spent sleeping. In fact, I pretty much spent all day today in bed. I woke up with a headache and just spent the whole day napping on and off. It was decadant and I could use another day to do the same, but alas, it's Sunday and tomorrow begins another week. I've been breaking my rule about not working on the weekends, too. I always used to follow the rule that I was willing to work late every night, but never on the weekends. Well, it appears that no matter how late I work at night, there still aren't enough hours to get everything done without working at least one day during the weekend.

I had forgotten how lovely it is, though, to work somewhere where I feel appreciated and respected. About ten years ago, I had a wonderful job and an even better boss. I had forgotten how nice it feels to have that. I love this company. It's insanely busy and total chaos, but I love it. The people are great and it's a real "family" environment. There's drama, as there will be in every office, but I've made some real friends there.

So, it's getting late and waaaaaaaaay past my bedtime, so I'm off. I just wanted to let you know I'm alive and kicking. Hopefully things will get "caught up" sometime in the coming weeks and I'll have more free time. In the meantime, though, I may not be around regularly. Thanks for checking on me, though!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Glad to see you are here! I WAS beginning to wonder...

Anonymous said...

Yes, that was me! I'm glad to know you've just been busy!! You'll get it all whipped soon and things will simmer down!