Saturday, November 15, 2008

Getting Caught Up

Look at this, it's two posts in the same month! Be wildly impressed!
It's been kind of a difficult couple of weeks. On Halloween Day, I started coughing a bit and feeling under the weather. I made an appointment with my doctor, thinking if I were coming down with something, maybe I could catch it early. I went to the doctor and found out I had bronchitis and early pneumonia. So he drugged me up and told me to rest. So I stayed home two days the first week of November.
The second week of November wasn't easy. The company I work for is wonderful. It's really like a family. Well, we lost four members of the family last week, due to the economy. They had to lay off four people and everyone else had to take a pay cut. It was a very, very sad week. I was lucky enough to keep my job this time, but I was definitely sad for everyone who lose their job. Damn this economy, anyway.

I'm very glad the elections are over - it's so wonderful to be able to watch television without being bombarded with political advertisements.
My dad fell off a ladder a couple of weeks ago and shattered his knee. He had to have emergency surgery and have a bunch of pins put in his knee. Yuck. Not fun.
My grandpa also had surgery this past week for a type of cancer. He's recovering right now and I've heard he gets to go home early next week.
It's my birthday Monday. It's a day that tends to be a bit sad for me, but it's coming and there's not much I can do about it. Damn getting old, anyway!
I'm getting more and more excited for my sister to visit next month. She's going to be here for two months, which will be nice. And then my little brother is going to fly down to drive back to Minnesota with her, so I'll get to see him, too. I haven't seen my family in a year and a half.
Tim's family is busy planning their vacation in April, which I'm looking forward to, too. They're renting a house on Cape Hatteras for a week, which should be a lot of fun. Not to mention we'll finally get to meet his newest nephew. I mean, seriously, is he not the cutest baby you've ever seen? My one goal in life is to pinch his fat little cheeks!

Look at those dimples? It breaks my heart that we haven't gotten to see him yet! I think his sister sends us pictures like this just to torture me!

No comments: