How this works: Once you've been tagged, write a note with 25 random things (facts, thoughts, etc) about yourself. 25?! Yeah, I thought so too, but you'd be surprised. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. Remember to tag the person who tagged you
I've decided not to tag anyone because everyone in the world has already done this. If you haven't and you feel like baring your soul, consider yourself tagged.
1. After a bit of a rocky start, my sister and I have managed to develop such a wonderful bond and I now consider her among my best friends. I’ve been so blessed to have her visiting for the past few weeks and I’ll really miss her when she goes home.
2. Moving to Arizona almost seven years was the best choice I’ve ever made. The reasons for the move don’t apply anymore and I will admit to some serious homesickness at first, but I really feel that I’ve grown so much since I’ve been here. I love my life here, and I know if I had stayed in Minnesota, I probably would have stayed in the rut I was in. I don't think you could pay me to move back.
3. No, Tim and I are not getting married. He doesn’t believe in marriage and yes, I’m mostly okay with that.
4. I get pneumonia a minimum of once a year, sometimes twice. This started about 10 years ago.
5. I tend to be a grammar, spelling and punctuation Nazi. Improper English is a huge pet peeve. (I almost hesitate in publishing this one because I really don't want you to scrutinize everything I type from now on - I know typos happen!)
6. It took being tagged twice before I actually figured out what I was supposed to do and to actually sit down and think of 25 things.
7. I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. I know WHO I want to be (in general), but not what. In my life, I’ve tried a couple different job paths, and I’m still not sure what is right for me.
8. I’ve moved 17 times since I graduated from high school – 10 of them in the past 6.5 years.
9. I think kids are great fun for about a half hour, but then I get sick of them and want them to leave. Therefore, I will remain child-free.
10. Don’t try to talk me out of it – my tubes are tied and I won’t feel differently when it’s my own. Trust me.
11. I always thought of myself as a “foodie”, but in a lot of ways, I’m still learning a lot about it.
12. I still enjoy the occasional macaroni & cheese from the blue box, though.
13. I think about going back to school all the time. See #7 as to why that hasn’t happened yet.
14. I took eight years of piano lessons and 7 years of flute lessons, but it’s been so long since I’ve played, I’m not sure I even know how to read music anymore.
15. That’s a shame, because music is something that was once so important to me.
16. I don’t have a natural talent for music – I had to work at it.
17. I try very hard not to have regrets. I have learned to realize that at that moment in time, given the information I had at the time, I made what I thought was the best decision.
18. I eat my breakfast cereal dry. I can’t stand milk on cereal. It’s not just because I’m lactose intolerant – I just have no stomach for soggy foods that were once un-soggy. For that same reason, I don’t dip my bread in sauce/gravy etc…
19. Crispy, salty snacks are my favorites. I like sweets on occasion and in moderation, but I have a serious weakness for crispy salty.
20. I love my current job for the first time in probably ten years. I’ve enjoyed the work at other places, but not the people, or vice versa. I love my position and the people I work with.
21. I love reading more than just about anything in the world and there is simply not enough time for me to get to all the books I want to read.
22. I love that I grew up so close to my cousins. My aunt was our daycare provider, and we all grew up like sisters. Not everyone is that lucky.
23. I have a mild form of OCD called Trichotillomania, which causes me to pull my hair out by the root, one strand at a time, usually without my even noticing it. As a result, I usually have at least two or three bald patches on my head, but they’re not noticeable. You can usually tell when I’m stressed about something because there will be a small pile of hair on the floor next to me. (This totally freaks Leslie out and if I do it in front of her, she gets mad). :)
24. Bacon is my favorite food in the whole wide world.
25. I don’t know what actual day I was born. I was abandoned and found somewhere in Korea sometime in December and they think I was born in November, but there is no official date. They chose November 17 for me at some point.