Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's Been Suspiciously Quiet Around Here....

Um, yeah.....I haven't been around much. Well, I'm not here to make excuses, but rather to let you know it may be a while before I'm on a regular posting schedule - whatever "regular" is.

Things have sure been in an upheaval around here. We moved at the end of January/beginning of February. It seemed like my sister just arrived and then she had to go. We had great fun while she was here, though. My brother came and left even more quickly. And then there's work. I'm not going to say much here, but there has been a lot of stuff going on, and it's had an effect on me.

The new house is okay - but when you compare it to the old house on, say, a 25-point list, it's just a tiny little bit "not as good" as the old house. In all 25 ways. And I'm fairly certain the house doesn't like us, either. The first or second week here, I was sitting on the couch and Tim was taking a nap. The kitchen light behind me was on and all of a sudden, I heard a crash. One of the light bulbs in the kitchen had shattered. "Um, Tim? Can you come out here? I'm scared..." Yup. Scary. Every time I'm in the kitchen cooking now, I'm worried I'm going to end up with the face full of glass. And the ceiling fan/light in the living room is controlled by remote because the ceilings are so high. But the remote doesnt work. So you have to hit the wall switch and that makes the light go on, but also puts the fan on high, and that's its only setting. So it's either "off" or "hurricane". We usually opt for off. Then there's the noise the refrigerator makes. We're fairly certain it's going to walk across the house and kill us in our bed.

The weather in Phoenix has been freakishly warm for this time of year. It's supposed to get to 90 this week. I'm not quite ready for the heat yet, but it's been a strange season weather-wise. Damn global warming. On the other end of the spectrum, I'll be in Minnesota this weekend. So yeah, I'll be experiencing about an 80 degree temperature difference from takeoff to landing. I've been in Arizona for almost seven years and I've lost my ability to deal with the cold weather. This should be interesting. My sister sent me an email last week reminding me to bring my sweaters. Excellent advice, if, in fact, I still owned sweaters. I own t-shirts, shorts, open-toed sandals and sundresses. This should be fun.

Next month we will be traveling to the eastern portion of the country to visit with Tim's family. They have rented a beach house on Cape Hatteras and we're sooooo ready to see them, have some downtime, and finally meet our newest nephew!

So with everything going on at work, upcoming trips, and just an overall "BLAH" feeling, it may be a while before I am back here even semi-regularly. I still read everyone else's blogs and keep up with Facebook, but for right now, this blog is a bit too much pressure and I'm taking a short break. So I'll be back - but no promises on the timeframe. :)

No comments: