Tuesday, April 28, 2009
*Repost - damn Blogger didn't like my slideshow the first time!
We are home from vacation and I can't even tell you how wonderful it was! It was a week of laying on the beach, swimming in the pool and spending time with family. It was amazing.
Instead of rambling on and on about what we did, I will instead give you a list of observations:
* Amberjack is the name of a fish and it's delicious
* The sound of crashing waves is incredibly soothing
* Jet lag sucks
* Dry heat kicks humidity's ass
* Jacob is the cutest baby on earth
* Getting in a cold pool quickly is easier than doing it slowly
* I'm still not a fan of tuna
* Having a baby fall asleep in your arms is one of the greatest feelings in the world
* Excavation projects are fun
* Stairs are not my friend when carrying a 50 lb. suitcase
* Our nephews are the greatest
* I still don't want kids, though. WAY too much work! (Their mom is my hero!)
* I suck at miniature golf
* Sunburned mosquito bites hurt like a beeyotch when you scratch them
* Cabo Wabo and Don Julio are better than the cheap Jose Cuervo
* But 4 (or was it 5?) shots is still too many
* Watching fish being gutted and filleted isn't as much fun as you'd think. But just as disgusting.
* No matter how great vacation is, it's always nice to come home too