Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Vacay!




*Repost - damn Blogger didn't like my slideshow the first time!

We are home from vacation and I can't even tell you how wonderful it was! It was a week of laying on the beach, swimming in the pool and spending time with family. It was amazing.

Instead of rambling on and on about what we did, I will instead give you a list of observations:

* Amberjack is the name of a fish and it's delicious
* The sound of crashing waves is incredibly soothing
* Jet lag sucks
* Dry heat kicks humidity's ass
* Jacob is the cutest baby on earth
* Getting in a cold pool quickly is easier than doing it slowly
* I'm still not a fan of tuna
* Having a baby fall asleep in your arms is one of the greatest feelings in the world
* Excavation projects are fun
* Stairs are not my friend when carrying a 50 lb. suitcase
* Our nephews are the greatest
* I still don't want kids, though. WAY too much work! (Their mom is my hero!)
* I suck at miniature golf
* Sunburned mosquito bites hurt like a beeyotch when you scratch them
* Cabo Wabo and Don Julio are better than the cheap Jose Cuervo
* But 4 (or was it 5?) shots is still too many
* Watching fish being gutted and filleted isn't as much fun as you'd think. But just as disgusting.
* No matter how great vacation is, it's always nice to come home too

3 comments:

Jen said...

Tara, love your comments about vacation and watching your slide show puts a smile on my face. It was so great to see you guys. I too agree that vacation was really fun, but it is nice to be home.

Glenna said...

LOL! Loved all of your comments. It's sort of like a primer on life in general. Glad you had a wonderful time!

L-L-L-Leslie said...

"Having a baby fall asleep in your arms is one of the greatest feelings in the world"

I couldn't agree more! :)